Monday, April 13, 2009

Salman Khan performing for - Congress


Well this seems to be quite shocking. The person who I never thought would get into politics, is now performing for a political party. Salman Khan recently performed on some of his most famous songs at a Congress gathering. He’s doing this to support Anu Tandon, who is a Congress candidate from UP.

He actually came down from a chopper and entertained a crowd which had gathered for other reasons. But lets see what Salman has to say about it.

This is what he had to say, “ I’m not here to canvass or campaign.” I am here to associate with Anu and to connect with the people.

I’m from Indore – I was born there and eventually came to Panvel (in Mumbai), so I know what happens there, how the people there are. But to leave all that, a busy life, the whole social scene in Mumbai, and work with the masses in villages, needs guts. I’ve known Anu for a very long time and I know the amount of work she’s done for the people, so I wanted to add my bit to it,” he says.

“A lot of people say they’ll do this, they’ll do that, but how many eventually get down to doing it? I want to go back to the place where I came from and make sure that the people come out from such small places, the way I have. Their is no extra blessing of god on me. The same education, the same lifestyle, we’re born in the same place. But it’s all about opportunities. I want people to have that. That’s what there is in this for me.”

Well after knowing the reason of his presence & support for Anu tandon, i am quite satisfied that like always he is being nice & trying to help others to come ahead & do some good cause for other.

So once again Cheers Sallu!!!!

No comments: